Use a Computer Lab
This section of the CFANS OIT website provides an overview of the CFANS student computer lab facilities and policies governing their use. If you have any questions or comments regarding CFANS student computing resources, please contact the CFANS Helpdesk. If you would like to request software or equipment for the labs, please fill out the Equipment/Software Request Form.
What's New in Computer Labs
- Checkout laptops are no longer available from Forestry Library - B50 Skok, as that library has closed. The laptops once available there have been transferred to the Natural Resources Library - 375 Hodson (map) and Plant Pathology Library - 395 Borlaug (map).
- Software availability: a table of which programs are available in which labs and a list of KeyServer pop-up messages about software availability
- Auto logout after 15 minutes of inactivity
- Maintenance schedule changed to 3AM to 5AM daily
- New computers: out-of-warranty computers have been replaced across campus using your Technology Fee funds.
50 Coffey Hall
Although the computer lab in 50 Coffey Hall is a University of Minnesota facility, CFANS students can use their CFANS Pharos print allocations to print on the black-and-white printer in this lab.
The labs will be unavailable during the following times for regularly scheduled maintenance: 3AM to 5AM daily.
Student Computer Lab Services and Policies
Student Computer Lab Tips