How do I create a shortcut to Gmail?
You can create a shortcut on the toolbar at the top of your browser window or on your desktop (or taskbar), or both.
To create a shortcut on the toolbar of your Firefox window and drag it to your desktop,
- Navigate to gmail.umn.edu and log in
- Click on
- Choose the Bookmarks Toolbar where it asks for the folder. This bookmark toolbar shortcut can be dragged and dropped onto your desktop, as well. Additional information related to bookmarks can be found in the Firefox Knowledge base.
To create a shortcut on your Windows desktop,
- Right-click on the desktop
- In Location, type: http://gmail.umn.edu/
- In Name, type UofMn Gmail
- Finish. This desktop shortcut can be dragged and dropped onto your Windows taskbar.